Unemployment: For more information or to apply, visit uc.pa.gov. The Open Link is also offering phone assistance with filing claims at 215-679-4112.
You may be eligible if:
- Your employer temporarily closes or goes out of business because of COVID-19
- Your employer reduces your hours because of COVID-19
- You have been told not to work because your employer feels you might get or spread COVID-19
- You have been told to quarantine or self-isolate, or live/work in a county under government-recommended mitigation efforts
Note: Email or the chat feature are available to get help from the state at firstname.lastname@example.org through the website above.
Additional State Resources: Use the COMPASS tool at compass.state.pa.us to apply for:
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Medical Assistance
- LIHEAP—Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program which helps with energy costs
- Coronavirus Childcare and more
Groceries/Personal Care Items: The Open Link serves people residing in the Upper Perkiomen School District. Outside the UPSD? Visit https://www.feedingamerica.org to find a food bank near you.
The PA Public Utility Commission has stopped all disconnections to utility customers of PPL Electric and PECO Energy. Some utilities are also discontinuing late fees and reconnecting previously disconnected customers. For more information on PECO’s efforts, visit peco.com; for info on PPL, visit pplelectric.com.
Comcast is offering two free months of service to new low-income households and has opened up Xfinity hot spots. Visit corporate.comcast.com/covid-19 for info.
COVID-19 Health Information:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- PA Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/ Coronavirus.aspx
- Montgomery County: https://data-montcopa.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19
- Berks County: https://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/DES/Pages/Corona-Virus.aspx
Have Questions About Your Rights?: Call 877-429-5994 or to apply online for services at lasp.org/apply-here.
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA can help with landlord/tenant issues, Protection From Abuse Orders, Unemployment Compensation denial of claims, utility shut offs, public benefits being cut or denied.
Business and Consumer Resources:
- PA Care Package Act: Providing increased loan availability, a 90-day grace period for mortgages and other loans, relief from late and overdraft fees and more at attorneygeneral.gov/taking-action/press-releases/attorney-general-shapiro-launches-pa- care-package-consumer-relief-initiative-during-covid-pandemic
- US Small Business Administration: Providing loans and debt relief options (including the Payroll Protection Program) for small businesses at sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources and sba.gov/funding-programs/ loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp
Behavioral Health: Call 484-941-0500, visit creativehs.org or email email@example.com.
Designed to empower and promote wellness for individuals and families, Creative Health can help with a variety of behavioral health needs. They are currently conducting telehealth and in-person appointments.
Report federal stimulus check scams, fraud or price gauging:
Visit the PA Attorney General’s Office at attorneygeneral.gov/taking-action/topic/consumers or call 717-787-5211.