We’re serving more people than ever during this global health crisis! Check out the video to see firsthand how we’re helping to feed our neighbors:
WE DID IT! Thanks to your kindness, we surpassed our original goal for our 2020 Planting Hope Online Gala. We’re grateful for everyone who gave – your gifts are making a tangible difference! Thanks too, to our anonymous donor who stepped up to match the first $15,000 of this campaign. We’re blessed to be a part of a community who cares!
PS – If you still want to help provide resources for our neighbors, click here: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/plantinghope2020. Every dollar makes a difference!
Our message to you is simple – We’re here to help.
We know many in our community are in unforeseen circumstances due to the current health crisis. Our community food pantry stands ready to put food and personal care items in the hands of those who need them. We’re available to help with unemployment applications and other benefits, counsel those dealing with domestic violence and feed seniors through our Meals on Wheels program and serve additional seniors in need of food assistance.
Our offices are closed to the public but you can reach us by phone, 215-679-4112, email email@example.com, or by messaging our Facebook page at facebook.com/theopenlink. We have dedicated staff and loyal volunteers who are ready to lend a hand. Please reach out if you could use a hand up.
Can you be that helping hand? Please donate HERE to help us to help an increasing number of people in the Upper Perkiomen Valley access food and other necessities. Thank you.
Unemployment: For more information or to apply, visit uc.pa.gov. The Open Link is also offering phone assistance with filing claims at 215-679-4112.
You may be eligible if:
- Your employer temporarily closes or goes out of business because of COVID-19
- Your employer reduces your hours because of COVID-19
- You have been told not to work because your employer feels you might get or spread COVID-19
- You have been told to quarantine or self-isolate, or live/work in a county under government-recommended mitigation efforts
Note: Email or the chat feature are available to get help from the state at firstname.lastname@example.org through the website above.
Additional State Resources: Use the COMPASS tool at compass.state.pa.us to apply for:
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Medical Assistance
- LIHEAP—Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program which helps with energy costs
- Coronavirus Childcare and more
Groceries/Personal Care Items: The Open Link serves people residing in the Upper Perkiomen School District. Outside the UPSD? Visit https://www.feedingamerica.org to find a food bank near you.
The PA Public Utility Commission has stopped all disconnections to utility customers of PPL Electric and PECO Energy. Some utilities are also discontinuing late fees and reconnecting previously disconnected customers. For more information on PECO’s efforts, visit peco.com; for info on PPL, visit pplelectric.com.
Comcast is offering two free months of service to new low-income households and has opened up Xfinity hot spots. Visit corporate.comcast.com/covid-19 for info.
COVID-19 Health Information:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- PA Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/ Coronavirus.aspx
- Montgomery County: https://data-montcopa.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19
- Berks County: https://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/DES/Pages/Corona-Virus.aspx
Have Questions About Your Rights?: Call 877-429-5994 or to apply online for services at lasp.org/apply-here.
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA can help with landlord/tenant issues, Protection From Abuse Orders, Unemployment Compensation denial of claims, utility shut offs, public benefits being cut or denied.
Business and Consumer Resources:
- PA Care Package Act: Providing increased loan availability, a 90-day grace period for mortgages and other loans, relief from late and overdraft fees and more at attorneygeneral.gov/taking-action/press-releases/attorney-general-shapiro-launches-pa- care-package-consumer-relief-initiative-during-covid-pandemic
- US Small Business Administration: Providing loans and debt relief options (including the Payroll Protection Program) for small businesses at sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources and sba.gov/funding-programs/ loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program-ppp
Behavioral Health: Call 484-941-0500, visit creativehs.org or email email@example.com.
Designed to empower and promote wellness for individuals and families, Creative Health can help with a variety of behavioral health needs. They are currently conducting telehealth and in-person appointments.
Report federal stimulus check scams, fraud or price gauging:
Visit the PA Attorney General’s Office at attorneygeneral.gov/taking-action/topic/consumers or call 717-787-5211.
*Information is constantly changing during the COVID-19 crisis. This information was updated on April 9, 2020.*
Volunteers make the work of The Open Link possible. There are many ways for you to contribute to carrying out TOL’s mission.
Ways to Give
Your giving is the life blood of The Open Link. Make a one time or monthly sustaining donation, give needed items from our wish lists or consider planned giving.