Domestic Violence Support Services
The Open Link provides victims of domestic violence with free and confidential support services. Our services include counseling, safety planning, legal advocacy, court accompaniment, and referrals to other agencies and community resources as necessary.
Domestic violence support services are provided by counselors who have completed the Pennsylvania Coalition against Domestic Violence (PCADV) training and serve as volunteers for the Women’s Center of Montgomery County.
Domestic Violence Counseling
The Open Link provides domestic violence counseling to adult men and women who are or were in an abusive relationship with an intimate partner. Our specially trained counselors offer help to:
- Identify warning signs and assess risk factors.
- Focus on developing and implementing a safety plan.
- Connect the victim with appropriate resources.
Advocacy and Court Accompaniment
Navigating through the legal system can be an intimidating experience. Although court advocates cannot provide legal advice or representation for clients in civil and criminal cases, advocates can provide the following services:
- Assistance with legal options for domestic violence victims.
- Court accompaniment to preliminary hearings (district court level).
- Systems advocacy to effect social change.
For more information about these services, please contact Linda at (215) 679-4112 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referrals to Other Agencies and Resources
Unfortunately, domestic violence can occur anywhere and at any time. If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.
If you are someone who needs help dealing with the issues of domestic violence and are unable to reach a counselor at The Open Link, please call one of the following 24-hour hotline numbers:
- Laurel House 1-800-642-3150
- Women’s Center of Montgomery County 1-800-773-2424
- National Teen Dating Violence Helpline 1-866-331-9474