Every year, hundreds of thousands of people earn their GED diploma. People like you. Maybe you had to leave high school to help take care of your family. Maybe you just didn’t like school, or didn’t think a high school diploma would mean anything – and now you know what it means not to have it. It’s not too late.
GED Preparation Course
Taught by an experienced instructor, this 8-week course reviews the skills required to pass all 4 content areas on the GED® test (Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies). Additional classroom topics include test taking strategies, critical thinking skills, and test-related computer skills. Class format is interactive featuring lectures, discussion and independent study. TOL offers three semesters of this course, one in the fall, one in the winter, and one in the spring. Class size is limited.
Classes are open to Pennsylvania residents 16 years of age and older who are not enrolled in secondary education. The Open Link provides all students with the materials, instruction, and support needed to prepare for the GED® test. Other study options and assistance are available upon request. Students who meet the scoring requirements established by the state of Pennsylvania on the GED® test will receive a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania diploma. This diploma is accepted, by law, as a legitimate high school diploma by business, industry, colleges, and most branches of the armed services.
Additional GED Services
- Assistance in setting and obtaining educational goals
- Administration of TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) to assess student strengths & weaknesses to develop personal study plans
- Computer access for students to complete the GED Ready Test (the official GED practice test)
- Referrals to the Distance Learning Plan (DLP), a program offered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Small group instruction/individual tutoring available upon request
Benefits of Earning a GED include:
- Get a better job. The GED diploma is accepted by most employers – just like a high school diploma in terms of hiring, salary and opportunity for advancement.
- Continue your education. A GED diploma is accepted by 97% of all colleges and universities in the United States as proof that you have completed your high school education.
- Feel better about yourself. By earning their diploma, many GED graduates experience a remarkable improvement in how they feel about themselves and their lives. It makes a difference!
- Increase your income. Incomes increase with your level of education. A better job usually means better pay.
- Invest in the future. Educated parents have better educated children. Earning a GED diploma is not only an investment in yourself; it is also an investment in the future of your children.
The Open Link is proud to offer these services in hopes that we can help adults in our community to earn their GED diploma and reach their full potential. For more information about the GED preparation program, please call Eve at The Open Link, (215) 679-4112 or by email at email@example.com.